Re: PADS BOF minutes?

Hello everybody,

I agree that it's very good if we use NSIS protocol for both path-coupled
and path-decoupled signalling but I still have some questions about NSIS.

In the mails, Ruediger says that there is at least one central entity per
domaine/AS, one per routing area within a domain. I don't know clearly about
routing here, do you mean that is topology-aware ? As I understand, in the
mode off-path for DiffServ architecture, there are central entities. The
edge router receive the request from user and transfer it to central
entities and these entities with the information of topology, resource of
routers in the domain will make a decision : accept or refuse the request.
If the request is accepted, the edge router will be configured for the
request.

Following the discussion in PADS, everyone talks about the problem
topology-aware for of-path DiffServ and the answers is waiting the network
will support topology-awareness in the future. Can we think that there are
some mechanisme to do it, par exemple : there is a relation between a
network entities (eg NSIS entity) with the central entities to collect the
information about the network topology, available resource...and we will
consider central entities look like a normal NSIS Entity ?

Best regards.

Nary Tra
PhD Student
ENST, Paris, France