RE: PADS BOF minutes?

Hello Nary,

| ...the network will support topology-awareness in the
| future. Can we think that there are
| some mechanisme to do it, par exemple : there is a relation between a
| network entities (eg NSIS entity) with the central entities
| to collect the information about the network topology, available
| resource...and we will consider central entities look like a
| normal NSIS Entity ?

I think topology awareness is the main issue of centralised service
management. Signaling probably is easier to realise with an off
path architecture than with an on path one. But the centralised
system must be topology aware. My personal preference is to
charter PADS only for the signaling (or allow the necessary
adjustments to be done within NSIS). The topology awareness
may result from research projects and the like. Before the
full system is standardised within IETF, I'd like to see a
proof of concept. But that's just what I think.

Regards, Rüdiger