RE: Extending RADIUS Attribute Space

RADIUS does not have a scheme for doing this. So EAP has a mechanism for
dealing with big attributes but it would be wrong to use EAP messages to
implement something like prepaid or any other application that is not an EAP
application.

I don't think it would be a good idea to create a situation where every
RADIUS application RFC comes up with its own way of dealing with big
attributes.

> Making the translation simple and straightforward is
> important, but I think that requirement can be met with
> fragmentation and re-assembly.

I don't understand what you mean here.  If you meant "requirment can be met
with frametation and re-assembly that exists in RADIUS" then I have answered
above.