RE: QoS attributes

John,

Okay we are starting to converge here a bit.

I understand the concept of having AAA authorize a certain QoS class.  And I
agree with you on that.

The simple use cases (if I got it right ) would be:
Joe authenticates and the Access Accept message returns back a QoS class;
alternatively
Joe requests a new service instance with a certain QoS class, and the NAS
authorizes the use of a QoS class with the AAA using an Authorize Only
scheme.

This is all good.

But I don't belive that those are the only use cases.  What about when the
QoS classes are not configured such in cases when we cross administrative
domains where we don't have the QoS class configured or completely
configured.  You would then need to actually transport the actual
parameters.  After all, isnt the QoS class an alias for QoS parameters?