Re: QoS attributes

> I suppose that we could assert that the interpretation of the QoS colors by
> the roamer is to be influenced by the domain of the subscriber. But that
> seems to be asking an awful lot of other parts of the system.
>
> Am I misunderstanding the discussion?

I think you understand it pretty well.

Note that none of this is knew.  We had the same issue come up with
respect to the Filter-Id attribute defined in RFC 2865.  If the Filter-Id
is understood by all parties, it works.  If there are no prior
arrangements, sending a Filter-Id in a roaming situation can produce
unpredictable results.

One reason that *only* Filter-Id was supported in RFC 2865 is that vendors
had introduced their own distinct ways of handling explicit filters.  In
Diameter, standardized filter rules (for both packet filters and QoS) were
introduced.