RE: QoS attributes

So as I suspected the scenarios can be many and complex. However I feel
that the situation can be simplified if we consider  business models
that are likely to exist. My thinking is that in general we will have
two types of authentication / authorizations and associated QoS values

1) authentication/authorization for accessing the network. QoS
information carried in this part is tightly coupled to user's account /
subscription with his home operator. So this value can be the general
QoS class (e.g. something that indicates the user subscription to real
time services or the user is a gold user etc.). Since the WISP does the
financial settlements for this access by the user with his home network,
the WISP uses this user's QoS profile value provided by his home network
as an upper bound for any other QoS requests made by individual services
later on initiated by the user.

2) authentication/authorization for the service that the user decides to
use after he has been authenticated/authorized to access the network.
This value is provided by the service provider (possibly a 3rd party)
and its value and the way it is negotiated and signaled is independent
of AAA interactions with user's home network for accessing the network.
This QoS value can be more specific e.g. it may identify specific
bandwidth values etc. However the QoS values will be upper bound by the
(1) since the WISP can only charge and therefore provide a QoS that is
within the user's QoS profile provided by the home network at the time
of network access authentication/authorization.

If the WISP and service provide have direct business (roaming)
agreement, then I would consider it the case where the service provider
is also directly (in a way) paying for the extra QoS to the WISP and
therefore home network's authentication /authorization of subscribed QoS
can be over ruled.

Farooq