RE: Subtypes (again) and other ideas

It is.

> The suggested idea seems to be the best way to handle all the
> new applications that are popping up with the limited
> attribute space. Furthermore, this approach won't tie the
> hand of application designers to have to map all their data
> into existing attributes.

But don't forget my other reason. Not using application space allows us to
reuse attributes.

I think that there is a better approach to handling the limited attribute
space for RADIUS.  I already posted an internet draft for that.  See
ftp://ftp.rfc-editor.org/in-notes/internet-drafts/draft-lior-radius-attribut
e-type-extension-00.txt