Re: subtypes (was: HTTP digest and RADIUS; new version of the Stermandraft)

Nagi wrote:
Victor,

So, we can propose new extension with new attribute where we can join
large attribute values or propose new RADIUS behaviour for VSA with
VendorId=0

Having a large attribute ( > 255) will break all existing Radius implementations.
Who ever sees this attribute ( be it Radius client, server or proxy) will need
recoding which is bad.

Nagi.

Yes, but I don't say that we must increase attribute length. We must propose method to join attribute values placed in different attributes with some "tag". Like EAP for example.