RE: subtypes (was: HTTP digest and RADIUS; new version of the St ermandraft)

See inline.

RADIUS has no way of addressing fragmentation and reassembly of attributes
for "string" attributes.

If you are talking about the fact the Filter-Id and Framed-Route can appear
more then once in a packet , the intent of that is not to function as a
fragmentation and reassembly mechanism.

EAP-Message is entirely different story.  Its really a transport within a
tranpsort and does address this issue within the EAP-Message.

Today if I have a string attribute that is longer than 253 octets -- I could
extend it by putting the contents in back-to-back attributes.  This however
is not a very reliable way of extending an attribute.

Also recall, that we have many discussion on this topic when I put forward
the radius attribute extension drafts.  During that discussion I proposed a
method of doing this (but that is entirely a different story)

Avi