RE: RE: draft-jones-radius-geopriv

John,
Perhaps I can jump in here.

One reason for location information is as identified in this draft
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-adrangi-radiusext-location-informa
tion-00.txt

Location information can be used during Authorization to determine whether
the subscriber is allowed access at a given location etc...

Location information is also needed during billing.  For example the tax
rate may be based on the location where the user has accessed the network as
opposed to the location of the home network.

This type of location information needs to be transported to the home
network and must only be used for that intention.