Re: "service-key" in Lior-Draft ( Radius-Prepaid-Extension)

Lothar,

Can someone please shed some light on why the concept of "service key" is being introduced.

I think the name "service key" is a bit confusing when we compare with the Service-Type defined in base RFC.

Service-Key identifies more *granular detail of service* that is offered to the user. Suppose,  a prepaid PPP user can access to TV-on-demand, VoIP and vanilla internet access services.

- Service Type attribute carries "framed" value.
- Service Key can specify any or all of "TV-on-demand", "VoIP", "Internet access" values.

Is this service subscription information not something which architecturally belongs into the the AAA Server and not into the Prepaid-Server ?

If the services are prepaid specific, then they should architecturally belong to Prepaid-server. For instance, prepaid user "X" has access to service "vanilla internet access" only and prepaid user "Y" has access to "TV-on-demand" and others. Then, these service keys have to be stored and communicated by the prepaid server.

regards
Nagi.