RE: RADEXT charter for comment...

Bernard Aboba writes...

> Actually, I proposed a 14-bit *type* field; the length field is still
8
> bits, although I suppose that could be extended as well.

Yes.  That's what I get for posting late in the evening.  :-) I meant
the type field.  As you correctly observed, changing the length of any
of the fixed-length attribute header fields has the same effect.

Now that my brain is more fully engaged, I wonder how important it would
be to have an expanded sub-attribute address space (type code) in an
SSA, where each SDO, by means of its unique OUI, has a separate block of
attribute type codes?  If anyone is seriously suggesting that any single
SDO would be proposing more than 255 new SSA sub-attributes for RADIUS,
I'd want to look at that assertion very closely.

-- Dave