Re: AAAEXT charter, Take 1

Hi Avi,

Is the scope of work going to remain the same?

I think it is. See also my answer to Bernard about that.

If not, how do limited resources get mapped between RADIUS/Diameter?

I think there's two parts to the answer on this:

(1) Are there new, Diameter, applications that the group should
    take care of. I think not, see above.

(2) Are the RADIUS extensions going to be produced with or without
    concern for interoperability requirements? If with them, then
    we just need to find the resources. If without them, we still
    need to find the resources because the issue is going come back
    to us at IETF Last Call time, if not sooner...

Will the combining of the WGs further delay RADIUS EXT WG.  If yes then I
would vote for not combining the groups.  If however, the effect is to
somehow accelerate the WG and work items then I would support this effort.

I think AAA WG is going to be closed down when it finishes its work. I.e. this would not be a merge with anything, just focusing the work in RADEXT so that, for instance, NAI or LAN attribute work doesn't get RADIUS-only.

Hope this helps,

--Jari