RE: RADIUS drafts review -- LAN attributes

Jari writes...

> This would make it be late from, say, 3GPP release 6 specifications
> which probably would like to refer to an IETF spec on this.

We should, of course, be sensitive to the timing requirements of other
SDOs.  I know that there have been co-coordinating conference calls with
3GGP2 (hosted by Thomas Narten).  Perhaps we need a similar coordination
effort with 3GPP.

> Can you remind me why there is a dependency on the guidelines
> and WLAN attributes?

I think this thread is discussing the LAN attributes draft, although
there may not be a significant distinction.

> I had been assuming that the guidelines
> are needed if you do something complicated, like subattributes
> or SDO-specific attributes. But I'm not sure we need them
> for the WLAN attrs draft.

I'm not sure, either.  I guess that depends on how the draft shapes up.
I simply hold that out as a possibility.  I would like to see work on
the design guidelines begin immediately (in parallel with other work)
and would be willing to assist with that draft myself.

-- Dave