RE: RADIUS drafts review -- LAN attributes

> Jari writes...
>

> > Can you remind me why there is a dependency on the
> guidelines and WLAN
> > attributes?
>
> I think this thread is discussing the LAN attributes draft,
> although there may not be a significant distinction.

[FA]  There is no distinction at all.  I think there was a consensus to
put all attributes under a generic name, LAN attributes.
[/FA]

> > I had been assuming that the guidelines
> > are needed if you do something complicated, like subattributes or
> > SDO-specific attributes. But I'm not sure we need them for the WLAN
> > attrs draft.
>
> I'm not sure, either.  I guess that depends on how the draft
> shapes up. I simply hold that out as a possibility.  I would
> like to see work on the design guidelines begin immediately
> (in parallel with other work) and would be willing to assist
> with that draft myself.

[FA] I don't think we need design guidelines for LAN attributes
(including WLAN) -- because as Jari said this is not a complicated task.
Could you be more specific what you have in mind for design guidelines?
We spent over 6 month arguing about subtypes -- and if we spend another
6 month arguing the design guidelines, for sure we will never get this
done!

BR,
Farid