RE: comments on draft-adrangi-radius-bandwidth-capability-00.txt

Hi Jari,

> > - The key difference between pull and push models is in the
> > advertisement.  In the pull model, the HSN receives the current
> > bandwidth capabilities (in the Advertisement) before doing the
> > Selection.
>
> Ok. After a second read of the relevant parts in the document
> I think I understand this. But it still seems that in order
> for this functionality to be useful, the contents of the
> advertisement must vary during the session, e.g., due to
> other traffic through the AN. Otherwise it would be
> sufficient for the HSN to rely on the initial advertisement, no?

Yes.  However, There is no guarantee that the content of the
advertisement will be different from the initial one.  This provides an
option for an HSN to receive a fresh advertisement (same as or different
from the initial one) before doing the Selection.  So, are we in
agreement on this one?

> Also a nit on the push/pull section:
>
> >         In either push or pull method, upon successful
> acceptance of
> >         the new bandwidth parameters for the session.  The AN MUST
> >         generate an Accouting-Stop record that contains the old
>
> s/Accouting/Accounting/

Got it - thanks.

BR,
Farid