Re: comments on draft-adrangi-radius-bandwidth-capability-00.txt

Hi Farid and thanks for your response. It seems that we agree. I just wanted to dig a bit deeper into the pull vs. push models:

- The key difference between pull and push models is in the
advertisement. In the pull model, the HSN receives the current
bandwidth capabilities (in the Advertisement) before doing the
Selection.

Ok. After a second read of the relevant parts in the document I think I understand this. But it still seems that in order for this functionality to be useful, the contents of the advertisement must vary during the session, e.g., due to other traffic through the AN. Otherwise it would be sufficient for the HSN to rely on the initial advertisement, no?

Also a nit on the push/pull section:

In either push or pull method, upon successful acceptance of the new bandwidth parameters for the session. The AN MUST generate an Accouting-Stop record that contains the old

s/Accouting/Accounting/

--Jari