RE: Object identifier and type spaces in a rationalized RADIUS data model

Bernard Aboba writes...

> It *might* even obsolete the need for new RADIUS work in some areas --
> some existing Diameter applications might be reusable.  That
> is a huge win if it is possible.

This *is* an attractive concept.  I'm vaguely concerned, however, that
we not take this to the next step and attempt to retrofit RADIUS with
some|many|all of the features of Diameter.  That used to be an explicit
prohibition in an earlier charter draft.  I think that we need to focus
on the unified data model issue and the Diameter compatibility issue,
without falling into the trap of creating a RADIUS-Plus protocol.

-- Dave