RE: Rationalizing the RADIUS data model

Why John?

Because I don't want to do the work for academic reasons!!!!

And I certainly don't want to do the work in RADIUS.

Frankly I think its nuts!!! On one hand the same people that want to do this
are saying that RADIUS will soon die -- and they are turning around and
suggesting we need guideline documents.

And I want this work to be held to the same standards BTW.  Show me who
wants this done?

Finally, the Vendor issue is not a RADIUS problem its an IETF problem.

Like it or not, regardless of what we think the definition for Vendor is -
the IETF provides external entities a mechanism for extending IETF protocols
and that is and has been the Vendor Specific Attribute.

This is the defacto standard.  Its not busted.  I havent seen any concrete
evidence that it is.

Avi