IETF Extended attribute and Vendor Id

Assuming we have an issue with SDOs and Vendor Ids.

I don't see how this is actually addressing some of the concerns raised
before with SDOs and Vendors.

We are still using Vendor ID to support extension.

To be clear I don't see SDOs going to the IETF to request codes. New codes
require some sort of IETF action.