RE: Comments to "RADIUS Attributes Extension "

Hello David,
Thanks for your comments.  Please see my responses inline.
BR,
Farid

Yes.  We should.
> - In User Alias Identity attribute, I don't see why a home
> network operator may wish to use this it, if it is hiding the
> user identity in other payload of the message. I mean, it the
> home network is hiding the user identity it's because it
> wants some kind of privacy for the user identity. So if this
> attribute is used, such privacy would be broken. Even more,
> if the Alias used is some identity with an standardized
> format like E.164 or the IMSI.

That is not the problem.  The problem is that the NAS needs to associate
the user with some identity when the user authenticates to the access
network using an anonymous id.  So, the home network needs to convey
some form of identity to the NAS for that user's session -- it does not
have to be the user's real identity.  For example, it could be
3456@anyisp.com.  Please let me know if this did not answer questions.

> - Also, this attribute seems at the beginning to be for all
> purposes but later on its description is very focused on
> charging functions.

We chose a generic name that can used for other purposes.  We can use
specific name like billable identity or chargeable user identity.