RE: User Alias Identity (Was: Re: comments on draft-adrangi-radius-attributes-extension-00.txt)

On 6/14/2004 06:20 PM -0700, Bernard Aboba wrote:
So I'd say that a RADIUS client needs to support User-Name in an
Access-Accept and also needs to be prepared for user-name rewrite.

I've seen this behavior in action. Someone's RADIUS server returns the username as written in the database, not a direct echo of the input value, and they do a case-insensitive match on the database. So the name returned can have a different UPcase characteristic. The NAS picked this up and used it in the Accounting messages.

Dave.