Re: NAIbis effects (Was: Re: NAI decoration: User Identity issues)

Bernard Aboba wrote:

This is functionality that has been in place for many years and so I'm not
sure we can mandate new behavior.  My assumption has been that User-Name
attributes returned in the Access-Accept are not handled the same way that
User-Name attributes in an Access-Request are.

I can do this in either way, but let me just dig a bit deeper into the above. Why do you think Access-Accept is handled in a different way? Its certainly handled by a different piece of code, but I would assume that there has to be some state associated with the Access-Reques/Accept pair, otherwise retransmission would not be possible. So, given that the '!' conversion already needs new code for the Access-Request, it seems that all that is needed is that the Access-Accept part of the code looks into the stored state and sees that it needs to insert back something.

(Note: I'd like to find out whether I will leave this
out from naibis-02 by tomorrow, because I will submit
the revision then, as I'm going to be away from the
net a couple of days after that.)

--Jari