Re: AW: Privacy (Was: Re: NAI decoration: User Identity issues)

On Tue, Jul 20, 2004 at 02:03:50PM +0300, Jari Arkko wrote:

> And I didn't mean to imply that Klaas' requirement is bad either.
> I'm just trying to collect possible requirements, and the tracking
> requirement is reasonable enough to be considered -- though it may well
> be that the privacy requirements conflict with it or that there's
> no need for a real-time real-identity tracking. More discussion
> is needed on that.

If a persistent alias is not required, an abusive user can be
identified via Acct-Session-Id, provided of course that the user's
home auth server also gets acct requests and stores them.

--
Barney Wolff         http://www.databus.com/bwresume.pdf
I'm available by contract or FT, in the NYC metro area or via the 'Net.