Re: Issues List Revision

Hi,

I went back to review the status of Issue 6.  It looks to me like it
is all ok in draft-ietf-radext-digest-auth-00.txt except for the
security related issue.  The proposed resolution from Wolfgang is ok
with me but I don't see the promised reference to the security
considerations.

One additional comment inserted into Wolfgang's text below...

Wolfgang Beck wrote:

> > The following is confusing:
> >
> > 3.1  RADIUS Client Behaviour
> >
> >    A RADIUS client without an encrypted or otherwise secured connection
> >    to its RADIUS server only accepts unsecured connections from its
> >    HTTP-style clients (or else the clients would have a false sense of
> >    security).
> >
> > It is not quite clear what is meant by "encrypted or otherwise
> > secured", because there are several different security mechanisms
> > available in RADIUS, including the hop-by-hop message authenticator
> > and the shared-key method of obfuscating individual attributes.  I
>
> "encrypted" ~ eg. IPSEC or proprietary tunnel technology
> "otherwise secured" ~ eg. RADIUS client and server are in a closed MPLS
> VPN.

Can you make it clear in this text that the shared-key method for
encrypting individual attributes is not acceptable in this case?