Mandating 3579 and 2486bis for CUI was RE: Scope of applicabilit y for CUI

David,

David wrote:

> I object to the "for whatever reason" line of reasoning.

I object to making something mandatory for the sake of making something
mandatory.

The EAP usecase demonstartes the particallity and the need for CUI. But that
does not mean that that is the only need or use.

If there are no specific requirements to mandate a use of CUI to EAP and
2486bis then we should NOT mandate it. It is bad practice from a protocol
development point of view to create false dependencies.

Please demonstrate why this MUST ONLY work if the NAS only deployed EAP AND
2486.

Otherwise the text in the document is fine as is.  The draft only brings up
the EAP case and that is as far as it should go.

Avi.