Re: Thoughts on Requirements for RADIUS crypto-agility

David B. Nelson wrote:
> As noted in the previous message, the first stage in the development of
> a RADIUS crypto-agility solution is to formulate a requirements statement.
>
> A straw-man set of requirements is included below:

  A NIT (or question):

> 3. Proposals MUST support replay protection.
> 11. Crypto-agility solutions should not require fundamental changes to the
> RADIUS operational model, such as the introduction of new commands or
> maintenance of state on the RADIUS server.

  Most methods to obtain replay protection involve maintenance of some
kind of state on the RADIUS server.  Maybe global server state, or
per-client state.

  I also see reply protection as being potentially independent of crypto
work.