From: Glen Zorn (gwz) [mailto:gwz@cisco.com]
Sent: Tuesday, March 06, 2007 6:45 PM
To: Alper Yegin; Bernard Aboba; Pasi.Eronen@nokia.com; eap@frascone.com
Cc: radiusext@ops.ietf.org
Subject: Re: [eap] Ordered delivery of EAP messages

Alper Yegin <mailto:alper.yegin@yegin.org> allegedly scribbled on
Tuesday, March 06, 2007 10:10 AM:

> The problem scenario requires EAP-layer retransmission, correct?

Yes, I suppose so.

> Authentication server does not perform such retransmission.

>From the Abstract to RFC 3748 "EAP provides its own support for
duplicate elimination and retransmission..."; the Authenticator is
responsible for all retransmission.

> So, I
> don't see equivalence between the two legs of the EAP transport.

You are imagining that there are always 2 legs, which is not true; the
quoted portion of RFC 3748 does not state that assumption, either.  But
actually, you are right: it appears that RADIUS would generally be in
far greater peril of the risk then EAP, especially in a proxied network.