RE: [eap] Ordered delivery of EAP messages

Alper Yegin <mailto:alper.yegin@yegin.org> allegedly scribbled on
Tuesday, March 06, 2007 10:10 AM:

> The problem scenario requires EAP-layer retransmission, correct?

Yes, I suppose so.

> Authentication server does not perform such retransmission.

From the Abstract to RFC 3748 "EAP provides its own support for
duplicate elimination and retransmission..."; the Authenticator is
responsible for all retransmission.

> So, I
> don't see equivalence between the two legs of the EAP transport.

You are imagining that there are always 2 legs, which is not true; the
quoted portion of RFC 3748 does not state that assumption, either.  But
actually, you are right: it appears that RADIUS would generally be in
far greater peril of the risk then EAP, especially in a proxied network.