RE: [eap] Ordered delivery of EAP messages

Okay Yoshi fair enough.  But that is the most important question to
answer.

Because if the answer is YES.  Then it means that despite the best
effort of EAP method designers, a man in the middle could simply
re-order packets and get authenticated.  If true, this has got to be the
weak point of EAP.  I don't think its true or I hope that its not true.
The IETF will have egg on its face.

So the other part of my question on another thread is the issue with the
contradiction in 3748

RFC 3748, section 3.1 says: [6] Ordering guarantees.

Lower layer transports for EAP MUST preserve ordering between a
       source and destination at a given priority level (the ordering
       guarantee provided by [IEEE-802]).

A little further down it says:

"It is RECOMMENDED that EAP only be run over lower layers that provide
ordering guarantees; "

Isn't that a requirement contradiction of the previous statement, or am
I missing something? Do you have any opinions on this?