Re: [eap] Ordered delivery of EAP messages

Hi Avi,

On Wed, Mar 07, 2007 at 03:41:31PM -0500, Avi Lior wrote:
> Hi Yoshi
>
> Very good so an authenticatble user will not be authenticated.
> Understood.
>
> But you didn't answer the first part -- which is the key part.  If you
> had unordered delivery of packets, could an unAuthenticatble user be
> authenticated?

I have been thinking about this, and so far I have not found an
example case of unauthenticatble user be authenticated when
misordering happens.  The answer is "I don't know."

> If the answer to this question is NO, then EAP does not require in order
> delivery of packets and RFC 3748 has an error.

I am not sure what makes you conclude like this.  I don't want my
authentication attempt to fail just because IP packets are arriving
out of order.

Yoshihiro Ohba