RE: [eap] Ordered delivery of EAP messages

> Given that EAP is a lock-step protocol, any one of the three remedies is
> sufficient to ensure packets never get out of order:
>
> 1-  EAP lower layer ensures ordering
> 2a- EAP lower layer eliminates duplicates
> 2b- EAP eliminates duplicates
>
> Having more than one of the remedies is not necessary.
>
> Correct?

Hmmm... It appears like 2a alone is not sufficient, but it also needs to be
coupled with "reliable delivery" at the EAP lower layer. Or, in other words,
2a makes sense only when we have a reliable lower layer.

If the retransmissions are not generated by the lower layer, there is no
"duplicates" that can be caught and eliminated by the lower layer.

So, I think 2a should read:

2a- EAP-layer retransmissions is disabled, EAP lower layer is reliable and
eliminates duplicates

Alper