Issues & Fixes: Duplicate Detection and Simultaneous Session Limits

As noted in a previous message from Jouni, there appears to be a mis-understanding that a tradeoff exists between duplicate detection and simultaneous session limits. Issues & Fixes Section 2.1.2 describes an algorithm that provides each EAP session with its own unique Identifier space, thereby removing any per-NAS Identifier limitations.

However, I think we might want to explicitly state in Section 2.1.2 that there is no need for per-NAS Identifier restrictions, using appropriate normative language (SHOULD?).

Also, in the section on duplicate detection, we should make it clear that this should be handled at the per-EAP session level, not the NAS level, potentially using the algorithm described in Section 2.1.2. The concern is that if a RADIUS server implements clumsy Identifier restrictions, then the ability to support duplicate detection may be also limited. For example, Jouni mentions a product that, when duplicate detection is enabled, imposes simultaneous session restrictions (not clear if this was per-NAS or (shudder) per server).