RE: Issue 215

See inline.

Avi Lior Office: +1 613 591-9104 x 6417 Cell : +1 613 796-4183

From: Bernard Aboba
Sent: Wed 3/21/2007 8:24 AM
To: radiusext@ops.ietf.org
Subject: RE: Issue 215

To:
   In order to provide a State attribute to the NAS, a server sending a
   CoA-Request with a Service-Type value of
   "Authorize-Only" MUST include a State Attribute, and the NAS MUST
   include the State Attribute unchanged in the Access-Request.  A NAS
   receiving a CoA-Request containing a Service-
   Type value of "Authorize-Only" but lacking a State attribute MUST
   send a CoA-NAK or Disconnect-NAK and SHOULD include an Error-Cause
   attribute with value 402 (Missing Attribute).

[BA] I think that "or Disconnect-NAK" should be deleted here, since that
won't be sent in response to a CoA-Request.
[Avi] Yes I agree. I have missed that one.
To:
      "Unsupported Service" is a fatal error sent if a Service-Type
      Attribute included with the Request is sent with an invalid or
      unsupported value.  Only valid when performing Change of
      Authorization.

[BA] How about if we say "This error cannot be sent in response to a
Disconnect-Request." for the last sentence?
[Avi] Works for me.

In Appendix A - Changes from RFC 3576

Add:

Disallowed usage of Service-Type and State attribute in
Disconnect-Message

[BA] How about:

   o Use of a Service-Type Attribute within a Disconnect-Request is
prohibited (Section 4).

[Avi] Again, works for me.