RE: Issue 226: RFC 3576bis and Renumbering

> Only if it supports RADIUS accounting, which I believe you stated is not
> mandatory.

RFC 2866 allows Acct-Session-Id in Access-Request packets.  So a NAS can still send this attibute even if it doesn't support RADIUS accounting.

> presumably by letting the RADIUS server grovel through thousands of
> accounting records (if they exist). Of course, knowing the location and
> format of these records doesn't constitute an "undefined but incestuous
> relationship".

Not sure why the RADIUS server would need to grovel through accounting records if the Acct-Session-Id attribute is present in the Access-Request (as RFC 2866 allows).