RE: Issue 226: RFC 3576bis and Renumbering

> Only if it supports RADIUS accounting, which I believe you stated is not
> mandatory.

RFC 2866 allows Acct-Session-Id in Access-Request packets.  So a NAS can still send this attibute even if it doesn't support RADIUS accounting.
Sure, but why?

> presumably by letting the RADIUS server grovel through thousands of
> accounting records (if they exist). Of course, knowing the location and
> format of these records doesn't constitute an "undefined but incestuous
> relationship".

Not sure why the RADIUS server would need to grovel through accounting records if the Acct-Session-Id attribute is present in the Access-Request (as RFC 2866 allows).
At some point isn't it want to get rid of that session state?  The RADIUS server never is notified that the session has ended (accounting stops (which themselves may be insufficient for tracking user sessions as opposed to service sessions) only go to the accounting server.