RE: RFC3576bis and Session State

I have an issue with some of the statement being made below:

What session identifiers I include in the COA or DM message should indicate what I want to effect.

If I only inlcude the User Identity (NAI, CUI, or some other identity) then I want to effect the user session being identified which may inlcude all of the users IP sessions and all the flows etc...

If I inlcude the Acct-Mutli-Session-Id attribute, then I want to effect all the sessions that are being identitified by the Acct-Multi-Session-Id.

If I include the Acct-Session-Id attribute then I want only to effect the session that is being identified by that handle.

If I inlcude the Framed-IP-Address, then I want to effect the sessions that are identified by the IP address (IPv4 or IPv6)

There may even be some VSA that can be used as well....

I dont think therefore that 3576 should prohibit any of the above.  It really is up to deployements to determine how these are used.

3576 should simply state that the COA and DM should identify the session to be effected using any of the session attributes available (including VSAs). Some examples may be appropriate.

Statements like:

Alan worte: "I can add a sentence to Section saying "A NAS implementing this specification SHOULD send
an Acct-Session-Id or Acct-Multi-Session-Id Attribute within an Access-Request." "
Which as i pointed out only works in very simple cases. And in some cases Acct-Session-Id is totally useless.

Or