RE: NAS-Port-Type and sub-types?

Bernard Aboba writes...

> > Are you thinking that there should be a distinct
> > NAS-Port-Type for Wireless Mesh Point?
>
> I think not, because the port type for 11s would still be IEEE 802.11.

Well, that's true.  We do need to be careful about over-loading
NAS-Port-Type with information other than the media technology.

> One possibility is to define an "EAP-Medium" Attribute that would provide
> information on the EAP lower layer, such as:

Is there really an issue related to EAP?  Or is it more an issue of NAS
functionality / capability?  While there may be a one-to-one mapping of EAP
methods to access functions, it is not clear to me that such mappings would
always pertain.

Are you attempting to signal device functionality (end node vs. mesh point)
or signal the use of a particular EAP method?