RE: NAS-Port-Type and sub-types?

> Is there really an issue related to EAP?  Or is it more an issue of NAS
> functionality / capability? While there may be a one-to-one mapping of EAP
> methods to access functions, it is not clear to me that such mappings would
> always pertain.
>
> Are you attempting to signal device functionality (end node vs. mesh point)
> or signal the use of a particular EAP method?

We have talked about how the backend authentication server may need to handle
authorization differently depending on details of the EAP lower layer.  11s is one
example;  IEEE 802.1X/11i pre-authentication is another one.

Both of these examples involve features of the EAP lower layer.  However,
they don't relate to the link per se (e.g. negotiated ciphersuite)
or to generic NAS capability description (whether the NAS supports 11a/b/g/n).
They also don't relate to the use of a particular EAP method, which is can
already be included in Access-Request packets (RFC 2548).