RE: Crypto-agility requirement and draft-zorn-radius-encattr/draft-zorn-radius-keywrap

David B. Nelson <> allegedly scribbled on Wednesday, August 01, 2007
2:56 PM:

>> ...the first thing _I_ think should be done is to modify the
>> attributes to align with the attribute extension work...
>
> What properties of the extended attribute format are particularly
> attractive for the crypto-agility work?

Attribute grouping.  The reason why the various key IDs, etc. are all
part of the Keying-Material attribute is because they need to be
associated w/a specific key (it's possible to deliver more than one key
in a single message).  Attribute grouping enables that association w/out
requiring the multiple sub-attribute technique that we use.