Revisions to RFC 4005 (was RE: Consideration of draft-lior-radius-attribute-type-extension-02.txt)

Alan DeKok writes...

>   I'll submit the edited "guidelines" document today.  It suggests that
> RFC 4005 be updated, and allow Diameter attributes of type 26, which
> will transport the contents of RADIUS attributes of type 26.

The RADIUS Design Guidelines document is targeted to be a BCP, and to
describe current usages and recommend attribute design practices based on
RADIUS as it is defined today.  That's the WG's consensus.  As such, it's
probably the wrong vehicle to use for introducing new usages, such as
suggesting Diameter AVPs with type 26.

If RFC 2005 needs to be updated, I think that ought to be done in a separate
document, either in RADEXT or in DIME.