Update to RFC 4005?

Hi Hannes and Dave,

If you're following the RADEXT WG mailing list, you may have noticed that we
are trying to figure out what to do about VSAs, in terms of our RADIUS
Attributes Design Guidelines document.

It has been suggested that Diameter allow the direct importation of RADIUS
attribute 26 (VSA) in order to rationalize the treatment of VSAs between
RADIUS and Diameter.  There is an expired draft that describes this issue,
and recommended ways to address it.

http://www.watersprings.org/pub/id/draft-mitton-diameter-radius-vsas-01.txt

Alan DeKok suggested including this type of recommendation in the RADIUS
Attributes Design Guidelines draft, targeted to become a BCP.  I'm not so
sure that a BCP can "Update" a Proposed Standard (e.g. RFC 4005).

Does the DIME WG have any documents in process that might pick up and
address this issue?

Regards,

Dave Nelson