RE: Revisions to RFC 4005

Alan DeKok writes...

>   That's more work.  Do we have an editor for that document, or
> someone willing to shepherd it?

I don't know.  We should probably talk to the DIME WG chairs to see if this
could be wrapped into a revision document they are already working on.

> Is the WG against the idea of having suggested practices updating
> holes in previous specs?

It might also meet resistance at the IESG, as a proposed BCP document
attempting to Update a Proposed Standard document, regardless of what the
RADEXT WG feels.  Generally speaking this is not permissible.  That's why we
needed to make the Issues and Fixes draft a Standards Track document.