RE: Guidelines suggested text for checklist:

Bernard Aboba writes...

> I think that the issue is that there is no inherent interoperability
> benefit from rehosting VSAs that already conform to the criteria
> expressed in the document into the RADIUS standard attribute space.

Agreed.  The section I commented upon seems to address new designs.  I
wasn't thinking about re-hosting.

> As long as a VSA conforms to the checklist, it can be added to
> existing RADIUS servers, so that there is no reason for the IETF to
> force the SDO to use the RADIUS standard space solely in order to
> get the document reviewed.

Sure, but that still doesn't tell me as a reader of this guideline when to
use a VSA allocation and when to use an IANA allocation.  Do I use an IANA
allocation only when publishing my new attribute via the IETF?