Re: Guidelines suggested text for checklist:

David B. Nelson wrote:
>> As long as a VSA conforms to the checklist, it can be added to
>> existing RADIUS servers, so that there is no reason for the IETF to
>> force the SDO to use the RADIUS standard space solely in order to
>> get the document reviewed.
>
> Sure, but that still doesn't tell me as a reader of this guideline when to
> use a VSA allocation and when to use an IANA allocation.  Do I use an IANA
> allocation only when publishing my new attribute via the IETF?

  Suggested text:

   SDOs are encouraged to submit their RADIUS specifications to the IETF
   for publication as an informational RFC.  Vendors defining Vendor-
   Specific dictionaries for their own use SHOULD make their
   specification publicly available, but there is no need to publish
   their specification as an RFC.

  i.e. IANA should do nothing in either case.