RFC 3576bis Question: DAC and RADIUS server not co-located

A while back, we had a question about how RFC 3576bis works in the situation where the DAC and RADIUS server are not co-located. Before RFC 3576bis goes to final IESG review, I just wanted to make sure that we haven't missed something.

Section 3.3 states:

  "In order to satisfy the requirements of [RFC2865] Section 5.44, an
  Access-Request with Service-Type="Authorize-Only" MUST contain a
  State attribute.

  In order to provide a State attribute to the NAS, a Dynamic
  Authorization Client sending a CoA-Request with a Service-Type value
  of "Authorize-Only" MUST include a State Attribute, and the NAS MUST
  send the State Attribute unmodified to the RADIUS server in the
  resulting Access-Request, if any. "

What happens if the DAC and RADIUS server are not co-located? Is that viable in situations where a Service-Type="Authorize Only" is used on a CoA-Request?

Let us assume that the DAC sends a State Attribute as specified above, and that the NAS sends an Access-Request with Service-Type="Authorize-Only" containing that State Attribute.

However, the Access-Request is received by the RADIUS server, not the DAC that sent the State Attribute. Are we assuming that the RADIUS server is able to validate a State Attribute sent by the DAC? Or perhaps that the DAC will provide the NAS with a State Attribute obtained from the RADIUS server?

Since the DAC needs access to a database of State in order to track sessions, that database could contain the required State attribute.