RE: Guidelines suggested text for checklist:

Alan DeKok writes...

>   I've word-smithed it a little to break up long sentences, and put it
> into a separate section.  I've also changed a "should" to a "may", for
> publication of vendor specifications.  Given the number of vendors,
> there may be dozens of requests for informational RFC's, which is not
> efficient or necessary.

Well, than depends upon whether it's a VSA for a vendor proprietary feature
or a VSA for a non-IETF SDO-standardized feature.  What I call a VSA vs. an
SSA.  I owe you some suggested text to help differentiate these cases, which
I will send under separate cover.

Suffice it to say that we really want VSAs used for SDO-standardized
attributes to be published as an RFC, while we really don't care whether
VSAs used for vendor proprietary attributes are published (unless it's a
sufficiently influential vendor, and the feature becomes a de facto industry
standard).