Re: Questions on modified Extended Attribute format?

Glen Zorn wrote:
> During the meeting last week, I thought that there were a couple of
> questions/comments on Jabber regarding the changes that I proposed to
> the extended attribute format (adding a bit to distinguish between new
> TLVs and legacy RADIUS attributes in extended attributes) but I didn't
> quite catch them.  Would those who presented those remarks mind
> repeating them in email?  TIA.

  WiMAX uses the same attribute format as proposed here.  Changes that
are incompatible with WiMAX should be discouraged.

  If it's just stealing a bit (which WiMAX doesn't use), that sounds
fine.  The ability to group legacy RADIUS attributes via a method other
than tags would be good.

  One question: If we DO permit this for legacy RADIUS attributes, what
does the "C" bit mean?  Do we use the WiMAX method for splitting
attributes encrypted with the "Tunnel-Password" method?