Re: Questions on modified Extended Attribute format?

>  WiMAX uses the same attribute format as proposed here.  Changes that
are incompatible with WiMAX should be discouraged.

I would agree.   If the extensions remain compatible with WiMAX then
the amount of code duplication will be minimized.

 If it's just stealing a bit (which WiMAX doesn't use), that sounds
fine.  The ability to group legacy RADIUS attributes via a method other
than tags would be good.

 One question: If we DO permit this for legacy RADIUS attributes, what
does the "C" bit mean?  Do we use the WiMAX method for splitting
attributes encrypted with the "Tunnel-Password" method?

We need to be careful about feature creep here.  The original purpose of
the Extended Attributes document was to extend the RADIUS attribute space.

If the document is now taking on new problems (extending capabilities of the
RADIUS protocol or changing the semantics of existing attributes) then that
problem needs to be clearly stated, and justification needs to be provided.