RE: Comments on "practical deployments"

> The FMCA is trialling exactly this.

It will be interesting to see how well it works.  I have previously been involved in a number of
inter-domain roaming trials.  When the RADIUS traffic was routed through an exchange point,
the results were not very promising.  With packet loss rates of 1-5%, RADIUS retransmissions
were pretty common and this would often lead to EAP retransmissions.  The overall
authentication times could get pretty long and sometimes authentication wouldn't complete
at all.  Most of the carriers we worked with ended up deploying web portals instead :(